Monday, November 19, 2018
Latest News

QNA hacking to be added to the case against UAE in ICJ: Marri

  • 14 September 2018
  • Author: QT01
  • Number of views: 1105
  • 0 Comments
QNA hacking to be added to the case against UAE in ICJ: Marri
The Qatar News Agency (QNA) website hacking will be added to the case filed against the United Arab Emirates (UAE) before the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague after evidence unequivocally proved the involvement of the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the crime, Attorney General HE Dr Ali bin Fetais al Marri has said.
In press statements in New York on Friday, the Attorney General said largest law firms in New York were contacted, which in turn contracted with leading international companies specialising in computer science and IT, which proved conclusively the involvement of the siege countries -- Saudi Arabia and the UAE -- in the hacking of the QNA's website.
He said the next step is to transfer the file of the QNA website hacking case with evidence and add it to the cases against the UAE in the ICJ.
Marri stressed that the siege countries’ involvement in the QNA website hacking, specifically Saudi Arabia and the UAE, had been detected since the first week of the hacking by the Department of Electronic Crimes at the Ministry of the Interior of Qatar.
“Since Qatar is the victim in this case, largest specialised expertise in law firms were approached, which in turn contracted with the largest companies specializing computer science, and obtained solid evidence confirming Qatar's past findings of the involvement of the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the hacking,” he added.
The Attorney General stressed that Qatar will spare no effort to take necessary legal steps to defend itself in all international legal forums.
In response to a question about the possibility of a settlement before new cases are raised by Qatar, Marri said, “We as a legal team are concerned about the legal aspect of this case. As for the other part, which is political and that is for politicians. We will continue to focus on the legal aspect on the existence of evidence and how to deal with them in a way that serves our case which were the QNA’s website hacking and the lists of terrorism.”
The Attorney General said, “The large law firm in New York, which was contracted by Qatar, includes prominent names globally, who would not risk their credibility if they did not have strong evidence on the involvement of Saudi Arabia and the UAE in the QNA website hacking.”
Regarding the list of terrorism issued by the siege countries against Qatari citizens and institutions, he said, “The list of 16 Qatari nationals and two Qatari institutions had also been proven unequivocally that they have nothing to do with terrorism after a process of scrutiny by specialised international offices that proved their innocence and they have no connection with any form of terrorism.”
“We have handed over the list to specialised investigation, auditing and accounting offices in the world which, after a year and a half of work, proved that the names on the list did not have anything to do with terrorism,” he said, adding that “unfortunately, the Arab world today uses the lists of terrorism in the liquidation of the finest young Arabs.”
The Attorney General pointed out that the list drawn up by the siege countries targeting Qatari individuals and institutions, includes a journalist, noting that these countries considered the journalist as a terrorist that harasses and intimidates them.
Marri said the lists of terrorism issued by the siege countries against Qatari people affected their families and their future, so they will demand legal action against these countries. “The world is not a jungle and governed by law,” he said. — QNA/New York

Print
Categories: Top News
Tags:
Rate this article:
No rating

Please login or register to post comments.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message:
x